Thursday, July 27, 2017

DIY Logitech Keyboard Skin

I had this Logitech FabricSkin Keyboard Folio i5 for my ipad air since 2 or 3 years ago, can't really recall. The casing turns quite ugly as time pass, like a lot of small holes on it and layer of skin starts to tear at the corner. I love this keyboard for the following reasons:
  • One full charge last me up to 3 months
  • The keyboard wakes up only when the iPad lies on the keyboard magnetic area
  • The keyboard always work when it wakes up
  • Keyboard has no holes, no need to worry about things trapping in between keys
  • The keyboard is liquid repellant
  • There's also a few things that I do not like about this keyboard:

  • In order to control volume, I have to hold down "fn" and voulume button which is not user friendly when I was doing my handicraft and most of the time has only 1 hand available
  • The caps lock button is together with the alphabet "A"
  • The tab button is together with the alphabet "Q"
  • I seriously think it should be more user-friendly on the button in a way or another, there's a lot of times that I hit the S instead of A when I want to type A because since the caps lock is together with "A", that key is bigger than other key...and I thought it is a function key instead of alphabet... Anyway, when the latch broke and can't hold my ipad anymore, I am really sad T_T

    So I got myself a new keyboard, Zagg folio keyboard - this keyboard sometimes get on my nerves, the keyboard sometime doesn't work at all when I open my iPad =_= I have to off my iPad & keyboard bluetooth and on them again to get it working. Only plus point is the control keys are separated from the number keys. I used Zagg for a few months till recently I found a very strong glue that can glue my logitech keyboard latch. And it works! It holds my iPad once more! But the casing is kinda old, so I went to Daiso and bought this A3 size self adhesive fabric and started cutting and sticking it on top of the keyboard. I was happy when I finish sticking it only to realize that I forgot to cut a hole for the charging port XD

    Anyway, I did managed to have an opening for the charging port and it still look great IMO. It's not a perfect job but better than the uneven surface look. Hohoho~

    0 comments: